Talent Development’s Role in “Collaborative Coaching,” with a focus on Accelerating an Organization’s Business Model
Stephen J. Marshall, PhD, ABPP
Stephanie Lykins, Vice President of Talent Development, Choice Hotels International
Mid-Level, Senior-Level Consulting Psychologists
Our presentation will reveal how Talent Development has accelerated CHI’s transformational business model. We will provide specific examples of return on investment from a portfolio of leadership assessment and development tools to support a vibrant leadership pipeline. Most importantly, our presentation will demonstrate how this collaborative consulting model has established a common leadership language by balancing capability with performance, relying on active sponsorship by CHI senior leadership, and re-shaping CHI’s leadership model to promote innovation for consultants working with leadership.
- Describe at least 3 benefits of consulting collaboration among internal talent development, external consultant, and leadership development company.
- Demonstrate the use of 2 or more leadership tools for selection, onboarding and development.
- Compare and contrast external consultant and internal Talent Development’s mutual roles in senior leadership Succession.
- Describe at least 2 collaborative approaches to institutionalizing onboarding as a mission critical business tool at CHI.
- Provide 2 methods used to conduct a risk analysis of innovation efforts.