We represent psychologists who consult with individuals, groups and organizations in order to catalyze growth and change. Whether we work with start-ups or multi-nationals, for-profit or non-profit, educational, healthcare, corporate or government, we strive to add value for the benefit of individuals, institutions, and society. We achieve this by supporting and developing the science of psychological consulting, encouraging diversity in all its forms, providing education, mentoring and thought leadership, and advocating for consulting practice in the context of an inspired and inspiring community. Through our work, we strive for personal and organizational efficiency and effectiveness, improved interpersonal and organizational capabilities, and a supportive, learning community.
What is our focus?
We encourage the involvement of people with education and/or experience in psychology, of all ages and experience, who provide any type of consulting service (advisory, coaching, mentoring, training, learning, technology, etc.) to individuals, groups, teams or organizations.
How will we achieve our mission?
We strive to stimulate and promote change and growth in our members, who in turn impact their clients by helping them work towards a purpose that reflects the good of the organization (including, when relevant, shareholders), the environment, and society at large. We do this by providing a wide range of services including:
- Encouraging the science of psychological consulting by conducting and supporting research on individuals, groups, organizations and consulting practice.
- Educating, training and mentoring members about research and best practice.
- Providing thought leadership to the APA and the broader community about the benefits of psychological consulting.
- Advocating for and communicating the value, benefits and needs of consulting psychologists.
- Creating an inspired community of psychological consultants that builds collegiality, professional networks, and friendship.
We know we are being successful if our members feel:
- Engaged and engaging
- Inspired and inspiring
- Authentic and self-aware
- Challenged and stimulated
- Impactful and influenced